The myTAP is intended to be used by individuals who have been prescribed oral appliance therapy for snoring or mild to moderate sleep apnea. The myTAP is intended for single-patient use in the home, hospital or other clinical setting.
This device is not advisable for patients with loose teeth, loose dental work, dentures, or other oral conditions, which would be adversely affected by wearing an oral appliance. In addition, the appliance is contraindicated in patients who have central sleep apnea, severe respiratory disorders, or are under 18 years of age.
Do not use if any of the following apply:
• You are under active dental treatment.
• You have removable dentures or bridges.
• You have temporary crowns.
• You have loose teeth, loose crowns, or loose fillings.
• You have braces.
• You have less than 8 natural, healthy teeth in each arch.
• You have not seen a dentist within the last 12 months.
• You have a history of TMD, temporomandibular disorder.
• You have received dental implants in the past year.